IT Outsourcing Consultant - IT Strategy and Sourcing Strategy Readiness Analysis
IT Strategy: What is your Sourcing Strategy?
Fine Line's has worked with dozens of clients to reorganize and optimize their operating model, primarily in ITSM-related functions which gives us a hands-on perspective on what works, and what breaks. It's a critical part of vendor management for any global organization
IT Strategy and Sourcing Readiness gives an outside perspective is whether your enterprise is deriving value from the Services - Healthcheck measures the output of the Services regardless of whether your environment is outsourced; insourced; out-tasked; or (more likely), a blend of operating model.
A 6-10 week engagement (depending on scope) where we use proprietary templates and process:
- Interviews: approximately 15-25 interviews from both the IT delivery teams and the Business Unit end users
- Data Gathering across key indices of the enterprise.
- Financial Information
- Operational Information
- Compliance Information
- Operating Model - RACI of how your enterprise is organized, use of Suppliers, global placement, etc.
Fine Line views the ITIL Service Domains across three filters
- People. Are there adequate knowledge resources? Training? Use of global leverage where applicable?
- Processes. Are there sufficiently mature processes in place? Are proper tests conducted? Governance processes in place? Is there a plan for future investments?
- Tools. Appropriate use of automation? Incidents captured promptly and accurately?
IT Strategy Readout
We will prepare about 100-pages of analysis and observations which will be presented in a 3-hour readout session to clearly let you know where your IT Strategy is long, and where it's short. And your sourcing strategy will be evaluated. Readout will include:
- Maturity Assessment for each of the major domains in the chart below
- Vendor Management approach
- Gap analysis
- Recommended actions
- SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats)
- Financial summary and observations (high level market comparison)
- Productivity measurements
We divide the ITSM environment into up to 100 slices across 10 domains; then view those across three filters.